Many of our neighbors are still struggling to keep up with their food bills, rent, and unexpected medical bills. Many have endured financial stresses, lost jobs, and the inability to care for loved ones. Learn more about how over the past seven months, Jewish Family Service has mobilized to help with emergency assistance...
Will you help a struggling community member?
Since the onset of the pandemic,
- JFS has helped more than 1,000 families stay in their homes, pay their utilities, or keep their cars.
- In partnership with the Park City Community Foundation, the Mexican Consulate of Salt Lake City, and generous private donors of JFS, we have distributed over $540,000 in emergency funds.
- In partnership with Greg and Jodi Perlman, JFS has provided interest-free small business loans in Park City, ranging from $5,000-$25,000.
- JFS has provided groceries and supplies to those with immediate needs.
- JFS has bolstered our programs to assist with solutions for senior hunger.
Your donation makes all the difference!
A generous group of friends has stepped up to offer a $100,000 challenge match to help JFS serve Utahns in need in this time of crisis. Any gift received now through October 31 will be DOUBLED, which makes it possible for those who cannot afford, or easily access services, to receive urgently needed help.
We cannot do this without you. In this unprecedented crisis, every gift matters. If you can donate, you can help a family make it through this challenging time.
How you can help:
- $1,000 provides supplemental groceries for one family for a year, filling the gaps in our social safety net for people hit hardest by this crisis.
- $500 covers a car payment so a parent who still has an essential job can get to work.
- $250 can help keep the lights and heat on for a family on the edge of homelessness.
- $75 lets a friendly visitor deliver groceries to a homebound elder each month.
Your donations make all the difference. Please support JFS as we help others with food, financial assistance, caregiver support, and counseling.
Together, we are JFS
Thank you to the sponsors of our Challenge Match:
- Patrice Arent & David Mock
- Ann & Paul Bernstein
- Joy & Bill Erickson
- Amy & Ken Goodman
- Corree & Bill Grodnik
- Lisa Goldstein Kieda & David Kieda
- Lisa & Jerry Treiman
- Carol & Robert Wolff