Thank you for supporting the work of Jewish Family Service.
Your gift makes a difference! Jewish Family Service is proud to serve all populations in Utah. We serve hundreds of clients each year as we grow to meet increasing needs in the community.
- $100 - Sponsors the cost of supplies for Dementia-Friendly Activities, providing support to those with dementia & their caregivers.
- $250 - Covers the cost of supplies for one person to participate in a year of Exploring Creativity classes, which allows those 55+ to cultivate wellness through creativity.
- $500 - Funds one family or individual with emergency assistance money to help with rent, utilities, car repair, or other unexpected costs.
- $800 - Enables two people to attend the Mind Body Skills Workshop, which helps participants find healthy ways to cope with stress.
- $1,000 - Helps keep our food pantry shelves stocked and food on the table for Utahns struggling with food insecurity.
- $1,800 - Provides three months of affordable mental health counseling to an individual in crisis.
JFS is supported by local and national foundations, corporate grants, the United Jewish Federation of Utah, the United Way, and private donations. Discover the numerous ways that YOU can help JFS remain an open door to those in need.
TAX-WISE WAYS TO GIVE
Gifts of Stock
By giving appreciated shares of stock, you can avoid paying tax on long-term capital appreciation of the securities and receive a deduction for the full market value of this charitable donation. This double benefit maximizes your donation to JFS and reduces your tax liability.
Giving from an IRA
If you take a distribution from your IRA, that money is taxed as part of your regular income. If you make a Qualified Charitable Donation (QCD) from your IRA, it may count TOWARD your required distribution but will NOT be counted as income to you! Contact your IRA administrator for information on how to make a QCD to JFS and your tax accountant for how this benefit applies to you.
SMITH'S GROCERY LOYALTY PROGRAM
You can benefit JFS while you shop! With Smith's Inspiring Donations, JFS receives a donation of 0.5% of your order when you shop with your Rewards Card.
- Go to SmithsFoodandDrug.com/inspire
- Sign into your account or choose "Create an Account" and fill in the information
- Link your Rewards Card to Jewish Family Service. You can search for our name on their system or enter the code TV609.
GAS & GROCERY GIFT CARDS
Contribute gift cards from local grocery stores & gas stations such as Smith's, Walmart, Harmons, Maverick, Sinclair, etc. Gift cards enable people to purchase what they need, when they need it. If you would like to contribute a gift card, please send it to our Salt Lake City office, 495 E. 4500 S. Suite 100, Salt Lake City, UT 84107.
DESIGNATED DAYS OF ONLINE GIVING
JFS participates in the Park City-based LivePCGivePC fundraising campaign in November every year. During this annual online fundraising day, local communities come together for 24 hours of virtual giving, an initiative of The Park City Community Foundation. It's your chance to make an impact for nonprofits that help make Utah a great place to live. Watch for notices on JFS' website for dates of this upcoming campaign.
Do you have a vehicle in good running condition that you would like to donate to support JFS? Please contact Nicole Levy to discuss your possible donation.
JFS supporters often donate winter accessories, kosher meals for the High Holidays, can openers for the homeless, and other in-kind items. Contact Nicole Levy to discuss your possible donation.
Do you have a loved one planning a Bat or Bar Mitzvah? Contact Nicole Levy to discuss JFS Mitzvah project ideas.
If you have other ideas about ways to help or would like more information about these opportunities, please reach out to Nicole Levy
JFS does not provide tax or legal advice regarding these ways to donate. Please contact your tax advisor or lawyer if you have questions about how these options might apply to you.
JFS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is fully tax deductible as allowed by law. Our tax ID is 87-0227089.
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." — Anne Frank